5 Free E-Books Every Writer Needs
Posted by Jane
The following resources have been mentioned on this blog, in various forms, since 2008. Now I'm rounding them up in 1 place.
1. 70 Solutions to Common Writing Mistakes by Bob Mayer. A fabulous resource from an experienced novelist.Do you have any favorite e-book resources I've missed? Let me know in
2. 279 Days to Overnight Success by Chris Guillebeau. If you dream of being a full-time writer, this is the e-book for you! About 11,000 words of fabulous advice.
3. How to Write a Great Query Letter by literary agent Noah Lukeman. Lukeman is the author of several fabulous how-to books, including The First Five Pages. This free one on queries will not disappoint.
4. What Publishers Want: An Author's Guide by Greenleaf Book Group. The good people at Greenleaf have made this brief guide available to beginning writers who are just getting into the writing and publishing game.
5. Smashwords Book Marketing Guide: How to Market Any Book for Free. This gem just came out this past month. An excellent starting resource.
Jane Friedman came up with this list of five FREE ebooks. I think it's worth a look. Jane was at the helm of Writer's Digest for a number of years and knows our business well. These came from her There Are No Rules blog which she has been doing for a while now. Check her blog out in the link above. There is a place to go to check out previous posts. Very valuable information here.